I am not one to make resolutions for the new year but I do think about what I would like to accomplish in the next year. Here are a few of the things I would like to do:
1. Finish writing the Red Guitar Suite. I have completed 13 of 15 pieces.
2. Record The Red Guitar Suite.
3. Finish writing The Year of the Guitar.
4. Record The Year of the Guitar.
5. Record a CD of Hymns.
6. Begin a series of pieces for guitar and electronics.
7. Begin a CD of Techno music (no joke)
8. Survive the 1st month of a new born. Parents know what I am talking about.
9. Finish writing a commissioned piece for the Lake Michigan College Chamber Ensemble.
10. Take the month of July off.
That's it. Number 10 will only happen if 1-5, 8, and 9 are completed.
I currently have a lot more free time now that school is done for the year. Every summer I set large goals. Usually, by mid-July, I say, “screw it,” time to relax. Here are my summer goals:
1. Finish the Red Guitar Suite and record a CD
2. Arrange 20 hymns (17 to go). Make a video for each one and record a CD of the Hymns.
3. Christmas arrangements available in sheet music and tab
4. Compose a short guitar piece every week (YOTG), or at least 3 a month.
5. Write in this blog everyday.
6. Play as much wiffle ball with my boys as I can.
If I sit and look objectively, I should be able to finish the Red Guitar Suite. CD may have to wait until the fall. I should be able to make all 20 hymn arrangements, again, CD may have to wait until the fall. Christmas music should be done by the end of June. I am also good with #4, #5 and #6. The latest YOTG is written and practiced. I’ll make the video Thursday and post. Maybe I’ll reach my goals this summer.
There you have it, my goals for the summer.
scores, tabs, and mp3s available at http://www.robertlunncomposer.com